Services of the Cell Imaging Core
The Cell Imaging Core (CIC) is a centralized facility where end users receive the support needed to carry out conventional and advanced imaging techniques. The unit has combined resources to provide state-of-the-art equipment that is open to all researchers. CIC is part of the Biocenter Finland Infrastructure Network on Biological Imaging. We cooperate with Turku Bioimaging and EuroBioImaging to improve the accessibility of imaging technologies among the bioscience community internationally.
The primary goal of the unit is to enhance the research and teaching environment of BioCity Turku.
To meet these goals, the unit
- provides technical training to local users and visiting researchers
- offers consultation on experimental design and image analysis
- evaluates new methods and fluorescence tools and communicates acquired knowledge to users
- implements advances in hardware and software relevant for biomedical sciences
- provides ongoing education in theory and practice by organizing training courses and international workshops