Subscribe to our email list to receive news and notices from us.
Past news and events
- Fri 20th of April at 9 am – 4 pm CompLifeSci Symposium, Alpha Auditorium, ICT city: Single Cell Omics
- Fri 13th of April at 2 pm CompLifeSci Seminar, Pharmacity Auditorium:
- Dr. Eugen Czeizler, Åbo Akademi, Computational Biomodelling Laboratory: “Computational Approaches in DNA Algorithmic Self-Assembly”
- Dr. Jukka Lehtonen, Åbo Akademi, Structural Bioinformatics Laboratory: “Where is your file? Thoughts on data management”
- Thu 16th of Feb at 2 pm CompLifeSci Seminar, Pharmacity Auditorium:
- Dr. Xiang-Guo Li, University of Turku, Turku PET Centre, Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry Laboratory: “Making your drug candidates and drug targets brighter with positron emission tomography (PET) techniques”
- Dr. Ulla Pentikäinen, University of Turku, Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, Drug Development and Therapeutics: “What goes wrong in diseases: Towards understanding of the molecular mechanism of mitral valve prolapse.
- Fri 19th of Jan, 2018 at 11 am, CompLifeSci Seminar, Pharmacity Auditorium,
- Dr. Adam S. Wilkins, Institute of Theoretical Biology, Humboldt Universität, Germany: “The unusual face of Homo sapiens and its evolutionary origins”.
- 12 the of Oct, 2017 at 10 am, CompLifeSci Seminar, Pharmacity Auditorium:
- “Long-term prenatal exposure to paracetamol is associated with DNA methylation differences in children diagnosed with ADHD” by Dr. Rober Lyle, Oslo University Hospital and University of Oslo.
- Fri 2nd of June, 2017 at 10 am, A joint CompLifeSci Seminar, Pharmacity Auditorium:
- “Modern technologies and their application to the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of breast cancer” by FiDiPro Prof. Peter James, Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University &
- “Small data AUC estimation of machine learning methods: Pitfalls and remedies” by Assistant Prof. Tapio Pahikkala, Department of Information Technology, University of Turku.
- Tue 23rd of May, 2017 at 11.15 am: “Unraveling epigenetics of complex diseases and traits using twin approaches” by Dr. Miina Ollikainen, FIMM, CompLifeSci Seminar, Pharmacity Auditorium.
- Fri 5th of May, 2017 at 12-1 pm: A joint CompLifeSci seminar by Prof. Filip Ginter, Department of Information Technology, University of Turku: “Turku Natural Language Group: Text Mining of Biomedical Literature… and beyond”
Ass. Prof. Hongbo Zhang, Drug Development and diagnostics, Åbo Akademi University: “Biological Analysis in Droplets, the Power of Mirofluidics”. Pharmacity Auditorium. Coffee and snacks served at 11.45.
- Tue 25th of April, 2017 at 1-4 pm: “How can single cell sequencing benefit your work?” Seminar by FFGC, Illumina and Bio-Rad, Pharmacity Auditorium.
- Wed 8th of Feb, 2016 1.15-1.45 pm: High-throughput analysis of epigenetic marks and NGS library preparation by Diagenode, ‘Emilia Danilowicz-Luebert. Biocity B-Stairs, 5th floor Seminar room, Turku Centre for Biotechnology, Tykistökatu 6, 20 520 Turku.
- Fri 11th of Dec, 2016 9 am – 6 pm: CompLifeSci The First Annual meeting, Alvarium, Puutarhakatu 8, 20100 Turku, Finland
- Mon 7th of Nov, 2016 at 11.05 am: Finnish Functional Genomics Centre, BCT/ÅAU Drug Discovery and Diagnostics Forum, ICT lambda auditorium.
- Fri 21st of Oct, 2016 at 11 am: “Single Cell RNA-sequencing and T cell fate decision” by Dr. Tapio Lönnberg, CompLifeSci Seminar, Pharmacity Auditorium.
- Wed 22nd of June, 2016 at 11 am: Long Range Sequencing and Single Cell RNA-seq by Steve Glavas, Sales Executive, 10x Genomics, Biocity B-Stairs, 5th floor Seminar room, Turku Centre for Biotechnology, Tykistökatu 6, 20 520 Turku.
- June 9th, 2016: New technologies: NGS by Riikka Lund. Englight-ten Summer School, Basic Aspects of the Immune System, ICT building, Turku.
- April 20th, 2016: Presentation of Turku Centre for Biotechnology (CBT) core services, Medisiina, Osmo Järvi Hall, Turku.
- November 18th, 2015: Next Generation Sequencing Seminar by FMSC and Illumina: Could your next breakthrough finding be accelerated by next-generation sequencing?, Brahea Auditorium, Bra2102-03, DataCity, Turku.
- September 2nd, 2015: FMSC Next Generation Sequencing Seminar University of Tampere, Biokatu 12, 33520 TAMPERE, Finn-Medi 1
- August 13th, 2015: FMSC Next Generation Sequencing Seminar, Natural Resources Institute Finland, Jokioinen, Festivo, Alimentum
- April 28th, 2015: Tools available for biomedical research at FMSC Tuesday by Minna Niemelä, Turku Centre for Biotechnology seminar room, BioCity B stairs, 5th floor
- March 5, 2015: Next-Generation Sequencing Seminar: If you had one wish in the field of genetics what would it be? More information.
- Oct 7, 2014: Next-generation Sequencing Technology User Seminar
9.00 – 16.00 at Ministeri seminar room, Mauno Koivisto Centre, Biocity, Street floor, Tykistökatu 6A, 20520 Turku
- June 4, 2014: Illumina Targeted RNA-seq Hands-on Sample Preparation Training
- May 22, 2014: RNA-seq data analysis using Chipster -course
- Nov 11, 2013: Illumina MiSeq Seminar – MiSeq The widest breadth of applications (Seminar flyer -pdf)
- Oct 16, 2013: FMSC Seminar on Expanding the possibilities of genetic analysis. information (pdf).
- May 28, 2013: Tools available for biomedical research in Finnish Microarray and Sequencing Centre. More information.>
- May 29, 2013: FMSC Seminar on NGS and Microrrays in Kuopio. More information and registration.
- Nov 7, 2012: Next-generation sequencing seminar in Tampere. More information and registration.
- May 31, 2012: Complete Genomics seminar on Genomic Information for Research & Beyond.
- May 30, 2012: Roche NimbleGen solutions for Epigenetics and NGS – afternoo seminar.
- May, 2012: NGS Chipster course 3.-4.5.2012. More information and registration.
- April, 2012: Illumina next-generation sequencing seminar 26.4.2012. Open pdf flyer.
- October, 2011: Ion Torrent event of the year!
- March, 2011: Agilent has a spring offer on human, mouse and rat gene expression arrays; 45% off on all orders placed before the end of April. Please contact microarrays (at) btk.fi to initiate your project. More information on the available arrays can be found on Agilent’s website and on our Agilent service here.