Open Access Instruments available for use
Finnish Functional Genomics Centre maintains a panel of instruments, which can be accessed and used independently by the users after training. These include:
- MiSeq (Illumina) for targeted or small genome Next-Generation Sequencing
- Qiacube HT (Qiagen) for automated nucleic acid extraction
- Fragment Analyzer (Advanced Analytical Techologies) for high-through put nucleic acid QC and other applications
- Bioruptor Pico (Diagenode) for nucleic acid fragmentation
- Covaris S220 (Covaris) for nucleic acid fragmentation
- Nanodrop (Thermo Fisher Scientific) for nucleic acid quantitation and QC
- Qubit (Thermo Fisher Scientific) for nucleic acid quantitation
- Luminex 200 (Luminex Corp.) for various applications
- LabChip XT (Caliper, Perkin Elmer) for automated size-selection of nucleic acids and NGS libraries
In addition, the Centre maintains and provides services with instruments, which are operating by our staff. These include:
- HiSeq2500 (Illumina) for high-throughput Next-Generation Sequencing
- HiSeq3000 (Illumina) for high-throughput Next-Generation Sequencing
- QuantStudio 12K Flex (Thermo Fisher Scientific) for fast Real-Time PCR in 96-well or 384-well format
- 2100 Bioanalyzer (Agilent) for nucleic acid QC
- Diagenode SX-8G IP-Star®, automated system for epigenetic sample preparation.
- Agilent Bravo NGS, for automated library preparation.
- Chromium Controller (10xGenomics), for single cell RNA-seq, long range genome sequencing, exome sequencing and de novo applications.