Plate Running Service
The Plate running service is intented for customer prepared plates only. To use the service we will require to have your billing address in order to create specific user name and password. The login details are required to access the results folder on our file server.
Things to consider before bringing a plate to us:
- You have the right plate format. We can run:
- 96-well plates (volume 100 µl, 4titude, 4ti-0912 or equivalent barcoded plate)
- 384-well plates (4titude,4ti-0384 or equivalent barcoded plate)
- Both plate types and plate seals are available through our plastic ware storage. Please note that all plates coming to the plate running service need to be barcoded.
For those users who do not have access to our common storage; you need to order by mail taqman (at) utu.fi what you want to purchase and we will then deliver your order to room 5062.96 and 384 well plates are sold in packages of 10 and seals are sold in packages of 100.
- Prepare your plate, put it in a plastic (minigrip) bag, identify the bag with your username and bring it to the cold room “Kyösti” into a box “qPCR Plate Running Service” in Biocity, A-stairs, 5th floor (BTK).
- Make the run file (eds.file) for your plate with QuantStudio 12K analysis software (you can get the software from us free of charge).
- Send the EDS file as an e-mail attachment to taqman (at) utu.fi. All the 96 well plates which are submitted in the plate running service on weekdays before 1 pm will be placed on the running queue of the same day, and you will get the results during the next workday. The 384 plates are run from Mondays to Thursdays, during working hours, when there is suitable time to change the block.
You can have a look at the plate queue in https://services.btk.fi/taqman/CommonFiles.
- If you would like to get the plate back, please mention it in the mail.