The Turku Metabolomics Centre
The Turku Metabolomics Centre is a joint venture of five laboratories from Åbo Akademi and University of Turku, with primary focus on clinical applications of metabolomics. The Centre brings these laboratories under one organisational structure to jointly provide expertise in different but complimentary aspects of metabolomics.
These laboratories are:
- Systems Medicine group (Turku Centre for Biotechnology), contributing targeted mass spectrometry methods for clinical applications.
- The NMR instrument Centre (University of Turku and Åbo Akademi) which will provide the capability to perform tissue NMR using a 1H-HR-MAS probe.
- The Bioanalytical Laboratory (University of Turku), whose primary focus is developing biomarker assays and pharmacokinetics under GLP setting to be used in clinical trials and drug development research.
- Turku PET Centre (University of Turku, Åbo Akademi University and Turku University Hospital)
- Food Chemistry and Food Development (University of Turku)